Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome to Ellena's Paper House!

Hello sweet Blogger Friends! Hopefully you found your way here from my old blog and are here to join me in new endeavors of creativity. I have been away from blogging for some time and thought I needed a fresh new start. The obvious answer? A brand new blog!  I really wanted my blog to do several things: a place to share my love of paper arts, my creations, my faith, honor Ellie and share about my little family. I am hoping that this new blog will do all those things and more. It feels good to be back and journaling the antics of a busy, crafting mama. I hope that I can write more, share more and be inspired more here in this little place on the web that I get to call mine. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Soooo, I am just gonna get right to it and share my most recent layout and card with you all. I think this is the first layout I have completed in 6 months *gasp*! I have been crafting away, but not scrapbooking as much. We have had a very mild and snowless winter but I was able to snap a few pictures of the kids in December after a snowfall. This is Cole at age 3 1/2. He is turning into quite the little man and I love every inch of this little blonde haired, blue eyed cutie. He is my buddy each and every day while his big sis is away at school.


I did this page as part of January's sketch challenge at Mojo and I am smittne with how it turned out. I have been a lover of Fancy Pants for a llllloooooonnnnngggg time and almost everything on here is from their recent Saint Nick line. Love the colors they chose for this time around and it makes me anxious to see what they will come up with this Christmas. I have pictures of Desi by the same snowy tree that are still waiting to be scrapped; stay tuned for that layout *wink*.

Cards have never been my forte, but I am learning as I go. My pal Beth gave us a challenge at Mojo to create a card using blues and whites. I love winter and snowy themed products, so I got right to work on this one. I combined doilies with an old stamp from Stampin Up! that I just love. Such a cute little snow angel boy that reminds me of my little guy.


I have much to share with you all , but I am gonna keep my first post short and sweet. I hope to spend lots of time on here with you all and inspire each other. Mommy duty calls and I have kids to tuck into bed, prayers to say, kisses to give and crafting to do. 

Nite, nite -
Nik 

5 comments:

  1. Love your new blog! It looks great! Can't wait to see what all you share and really looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog too Niki it is so pretty. We really had hardly any snow this year too. Like I said on Mojo great pics of your little man Cole. He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL Niki.. WELCOME back to blog land!!! So HAPPY to see you posting again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are coming back to creativity and blogland...have missed you loads ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve that sweet snowman card! cherry

    ReplyDelete